What would an eclipse with a translucent crystal moon look like?
In one of my worlds, a special moon orbits the planet — it's made of a translucent crystal, blocking only 80% of the incoming light. It's purple. And on certain days, just like earth, this moon covers the star the planet calls home, and creates an eclipse. What would this eclipse look like?
More info if you want:
- This isn't a question about how the moon is made of crystal; that's handwaved for the purposes of this question.
- At the center, the moon blocks 80% of the light, but towards the sides this number drops off as the crystal gets thinner.
- It's a total solar eclipse.
- Assume star = sun, people viewing = humans, and planet = earth if it matters.
- If you need more info, ask.