I'm writing a short story that takes place many decades into the future. A major plot point is that a car that was promised to a future archaeologist via inheritance has naturaly eroded to the point that only a few scraps remain.
The following are true.
- The car was parked in a remote field in rural Oklahoma.
- The car is not near a body of running water, is not in direct sunlight, and is parked on rocky soil that cannot support large amounts of vegetation.
- No human being had ever interacted with the vehicle since it was abandoned. Either directly or indirectly.
- The car is parked in the partial shade of a rock crag.
- All that remains of the car are a few scatted pieces of scrap to signify that a car was once parked there.
- The car in question was a slightly used 2019 Honda Civic.
Only taking natural forces into account, how long would it take the car to near-seamlessly erode into the environment while still leaving some material trace?