The setting is post apocalyptic wastelands. The use of nuclear weapons has resulted in the creation of mutations, the most deadly of which are the lizards. The antagonist devises a technology that allows him to control the mutations.
Click to enlarge (source)
The humans are all housed in a large citadel protected by high walls but obviously the high walls are not going to be a good defense against the lizards, as they can simply climb up. So, what defenses can the humans develop to protect themselves ?
- The humans lack any new technology and their weapons are medieval quality (swords, spears and such).
- Due to the apocalypse, all advanced scientific knowledge has been lost.
- The antagonist does not create the new technology but rather discovers it by accident.
- Guns, missiles or any explosives are not available as they have been destroyed. [They were outlawed after the nuclear apocalypse]
- The citadel is surrounded by barren wasteland.
- The citadel does have a cache of wood and various metals that the citizens have been collecting for a long time.