All celestial bodies significantly smaller than a planet within our solar system (asteroids, debris etc.) are moved into an orbit around earth. The method of achieving this is not my concern.
- Is this possible for comets? Will they 'survive' earth orbit?
- What are the implications on earth?
- What range to earth would be ideal for safety, minimal impact on earth and on the other hand small enough for convinient extraction / mining?
- Do we need to limit the number of celestial bodies to avoid gravitational effects (floods an so on)?
- Could this ever be stable, i.e. all bodies moving within stable curves?
I know there is a somewhat similar question, but I find it different enough to ask this question.
As always, thanks for your time!