Long ago, Prime Minister Bob created the [insert name here], a government organizing Space in a peaceful, lawful, and orderly way. This story is taught in classrooms around the [insert name here], because there is one difference between the forming of the [insert name here] and other powers in this galaxy; Prime Minister Bob did this all without physical contact.
Essentially, what I'm asking is how do you create a government without actually being able to offer anything except information? Here's some more info.
- Bob, and his civilization, can transmit information near-instantly across any distance. The civilizations they are transmitting to can respond, in a similar time frame.
- Bob cannot, however, transport any physical material over said distance. Assume that the distances are much too far to be bridged by anything sub-light speed
- Assume the planets he is contacting are similar to Earth, in that they are broken up into hundreds of little states with differing agendas.
- Assume Bob, and his civilization, is a Type 2 Kardashev Scale civilization; they've constructed a Dyson Sphere around their star, and have access to massive amounts of energy.
- Bob's civilization also has very advanced technology; including ships that can travel at 0.1c, general-purpose AI living amongst the population, a solution to the Three-Body problem (By "solution", I mean sufficiently powerful computers to solve using a numerical approach, most systems, and sensors accurate enough to detect initial characteristics), and a Grand Unifying Theory.
- Bob's civilization is unified and it is willing to do anything you deem necessary in order for it to form its government.
- By "government", I mean a group that makes decisions for the area they are governing, not necessarily an enforcing body. Compare the UN. If you can figure out a way to make an enforcing body, like India, China, or the US, that would be better.
- Ask for more information if needed.
Thanks in advance!