So, my MC was a scout that was part of a team from Contact Bureau that belong to a Space-Faring Civilization. They had descended on some 'primitive medieval-esque' Planet for scientific studies to judge about the possibilities of integrating the planet inhabitant (or at least part of them) to his parent civilization (They don't really care about habitable planet, colonizing empty rock is more simpler and without backslash from the natives or activists).
He had conducted a peaceful contact with a number of native villages near his Science Base. So all was looking well...
Suddenly, the peaceful native was attacked by another native from different country. The MC want to help, but his supervisor said that he cannot use 'Lethal-power' because it will become bad PR for the Contact Bureau back at homeplanet. So how can MC archive this?
I'm looking at non-lethal weapon that can:
- immobilize or incapacitate quite large number of person in short time (<10 minute)
- non-lethal, or hardly lethal (death not caused directly from the weapon effect)
- can be portable or static but not something that need large energy requirement (like a dedicated energy source), even better, something that can be carried by a drone plane like Predator.
- If possible, based on current tech/science, or something can be extrapolated from current one.
A little about situation:
- The planet natives can be considered had High Medieval Tech (low grade steel is available although not in great number), gunpowder is known but not widely used in warfare.
- The enemy equipment was a mix of leather and metal plate armor, with mix of sword, spear, and bow.
- The enemy numbered 300 people, highly motivated and trained professional soldier leaded by a highly motivated General-equivalent that was worshiped by his soldiers. (Just think of him had the same bravado as Julius Caesar or Alexander)
- They camped at 500 m from nearest village at the middle of common temperate deciduous forest and maybe would attack tomorrow.
- The defender was just 600 common militia (think European standard peasant militia) with limited training and experience behind hastily constructed wooden fence.
- his team can only give indirect support (not participating physically) due to some bureaucratic rule... (damn bureaucrats)
- The current season is Mid-Spring.
- If possible the MC don't want his identity as off-worlder known, but he accept if it can still be considered as 'Magic'.
Had I narrowed it down? It doesn't too broad right? If it impossible, I just had the MC Machine gunned them down them with Drone and pretend they just died from natural cause.
As usual, sorry for the bad English and thanks.