I’m not taking about the ecospheres by the brand “ecosphere”, but the type you see on the channel life in jars. These type of ecospheres are essentially a sealed clear container with water, dirt, plants and other natural materials filled with life placed into it. These are typically a few liters in size, however they can be larger or smaller.
Let’s suppose that these are sent out in random directions at the same speed as voyager 1, and that they have some built in way to safely land on any object they reach.
Take into account:
- The effects of 0g on life inside them
- The materials that the ecospheres would need to be constructed out of
- The effects of the temperature on life in them
- The life that would need to be placed into them
- The light they would receive
Do not take into account:
- Anything after they reach a celestial body
- The effects of getting flung at such fast speeds