The country has been infected with a parasitic virus that causes two kinds of zombie;
- Slow but smart zombies where the parasitic virus has not grown to full size. They are slow because blood flow to the limbs is lowered to decrease clotting at the cost of speed.
Then there are fast zombies. The parasite is larger and in adolescence compressing memory and risk/reward areas of the brain
- The high blood flow to the eyes cause the eyes to burst resulting in blindness.
- The senses of smell, scent and hearing are heightened.
- Increases in testosterone and adrenaline allow for higher speed.
- Blood flow is also increased in the limbs allowing for easier movement at the cost of heavier bleeding.
As the parasite grows, the host loses more and more senses while the retaining senses grow stronger. The Parasite allows for infected to use echolocation. If you think this cannot be done https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_echolocation
When fully grown only the sense of hearing retains and growths start to emerge from the torso, head, arms which release the virus into the air where it dies after 1-3 minutes.
Notes added for the comments;
- They are alive, They can get sick, They can bleed to death. Anything that can kill a person can kill a zombie.
- They can not feel pain and lack a sense of risk, restraint and fear
-They hunt In packs.
- If they cannot find a pack they Find be considered prey by packs
- Packs do not attack other Packs based on instinct but they will rarely ignore this instinct.
- The reason this instinct works is the same reason chimps won't attack chimps of the same troop, but will attack chimps of other troops.
- Infected that have growths consider everything prey including other infected and even packs.
- They evolve through the stages of life depending on the amount of food they get.
- They do reproduce
In this world, the legend of the zombie does not exist. It can only be transmitted through scratches and bites. Once Infected they last 3-29 hours before the parasite affects the brain.
If this virus occurred. how would it cross oceans?