Well, I'll start by giving an introduction. In the past, some people were persecuted for possessing magic. Wherever they went, the profane (those who have no magic) found them and killed them, even on distant islands and dense forests. One day, tired of running away, but without offensive forces to fight back, a group of magicians (those who have magic) got together to create a world of their own and live in peace, took the magicians they managed to rescue there and founded a new one civilization where they managed to evolve more and more magic in an offensive way. With magic, created various magical weapons and war animals, one of these animals are dragons. In the present day, magicians decided to return to Earth declaring war on the profane seeking revenge for the past full of persecution and the profane will use the weapons of the present day in this war.
This species of dragon I mentioned has four limbs (two wings and two legs), a wingspan of 15 meters, is carnivorous and serves as a mount. Since the dragon will be used in a war against firearms, what would it take to make it more resistant against bullets?
- I'm avoiding solutions that aim to use magic and looking for logical solutions;
- The dragon does not need to be immune to bullets, but at least it would take several shots to be able to kill him instead of just one in the head or chest;
- How the dragon will be used as a mount can't be something that makes it too heavy since it won't fly with magic;
- It is not the type that spits fire, ice or produces poison. I don't understand much of this, but I suppose the lack of a system that produces fire or poison helps make the dragon lighter, even a little;
- Resistance has to come from biological processes and without having to use things found in the environment such as sand, stone or metal. Only if it comes from the dragon's body.