Unbeknownst to the majority of the continent, there is an alien invasion in progress. Finger-sized and not particularly threatening, they've been confined to the coasts of North America by the unique challenges they face in being so diminutive. Like any good alien invaders, they possess advanced technology and an exotic culture that has fascinated some of the people who happen to live or travel near them. Not so burdened, these artifacts and ideas precede their creators, destined for every corner of the world.
The only question is: how quickly?
Assuming the Algonquin tribes along the east coast of North America have acquired some technical knowledge (scientific thought, science books, building methods) and small, civilian devices built-to-scale (radios, primarily) from the miniature European colonists, how long would it take for them to spread across the continent? Major checkpoints include: the plains, west coast, and the city of Tenochtitlan.
Since this can be considered a very open question, answers should involve examples from history. Arguments involving the spread of real colonial technology are best, but others taken from the history of the Old World are welcome, too.
- The state of the Americas is almost identical to that of their real, pre-Columbian counterpart.
- The culture of the colonists is recognizable, although distorted by the circumstances of this world.
- Disease, foreign and domestic, has not plagued the continent in recent memory; there is no smallpox apocalypse in this timeline.
- The indigenous have not acquired transportation technology from the colonists.
- There is no agenda to propagate the technology by either the colonists or the east coast tribes beyond what the latter would be naturally incentivized to do by e.g. trade profits.
- There is a small but steady flow of trade between only a few east coast tribes and the few separatist (or slightly rebellious) colonies. Generally, there is little interaction between the two groups.
- While the tribes have possession of technical knowledge and devices, please assume that this has not significantly altered their way of life; for the majority of my timeline, this is true due to a number of conspiring circumstances.
- The colonists possess infinite energy, "anti-gravity" devices, and advanced robotics (think frostpunk), but beyond that are no more advanced than we are.