The world is suffering from the creatures of fantasy and nightmares which can appear with just a few minutes of warning anywhere, regardless of it being the middle of the street or on top of your bed while you are asleep. It can be a single one, or millions that swarm the area. The world's infrastructure has been degrading, food and supplies are harder and harder to come by. While firearms work well against these creatures the bodies left behind attract and breed both insects and disease. It is not feasible to hold on to area's with low populations as a sudden appearance of many nightmares can wipe them out.
As fuel becomes harder to come by civilians turn to the only resource they have in abundance: dead nightmarish bodies. They have slowly but surely started an entire industry around the collection, transport and processing of all the bodies into as many useful things as they can.
The question: How can an abundance of dead bodies be used to create as many fuel types as possible.
The types of fuel that I am mainly looking into:
- combustion fuels (cars, fuel-powered tools like chainsaws)
- burning fuels (for cooking, heating, electricity and steam production)
- lightsource fuels (torches, candles, "clean" bonfires to guide travelers at night like a lighthouse).
- explosive fuels (propellant for bullets, grenades and other explosives).
Conditions that apply:
- use of alternative materials is allowed, as long as 75% or more of the fuel substance is gained from the dead bodies.
- anything of the creatures can be used. Their skin, bones, remaining fecal matter or small quantities of specialist materials if you see a use.
- the size of the creatures goes from dog-sized to paraceratherium-sized (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraceratherium).
- while Cthulian sushi-monsters, giant spiders and more are part of the nightmare force, for ease of answering the important bulk of the bodies are of similar in consistency as pigs and cows and any other bodies are discounted (unless only tiny amounts of material needs to be gained from this group of bodies).
- any magical properties, like the giant spiders not collapsing under their own weight, are instantly gone upon death of the creature.
- the refinement process can take a maximum of 5 years.