There is a lot of focus on destruction spells in fantasy worlds and I've not personally come across much more in regards to creation magic than the typical "conjuring bread" in a widely known MMORPG. The fantasy universe is not a currently published IP and is not bound by the rules of any other IP.
- The character's default disposition is creation, not destruction.
- The environment requires high levels of destructive magic.
- The character's creation spells are relatively low in comparison to their destruction spells.
- I want to give the character a secondary focus on creation oriented magic as destruction is not their goal.
- Should feel as close to scientifically sound for a fantasy universe, e.g. more basic building blocks than instant-gratification.
- Spells shouldn't contribute to anything that exists beyond real-world Earth's ~1700s.
- Spells should be considered useful at some point, even if not immediate.
- Spells may be considered useful even if their effects must be combined with one or more other spells.
- Spells should explicitly not be "cool for the sake of being cool" nonsense.
- Creation spells with destructive uses do not get disqualified so long as their creative uses are meet other conditions.
- Spells may or may not require physical ingredients (e.g. fuels other than physical energy, mental mana or "ki").
- Spells may directly detected by one or more of the five senses.
- Effects must be minimally indirectly detectable by having an effect on the environment.
- Spells/combinations should be more useful in a story centered around a journey.
- Spells/combinations may prove useful in service to others not on a journey.
- Spells can be both considered small and insignificant (if it helps someone who would consider it a significant help towards their goal(s).
- Spells can be massive in scale as this character becomes exceptionally powerful over time.
- Spells should not be derived from things exclusive to video games (e.g. Elder Scrolls spell that creates a light path towards an active quest marker).
- The fictional universe is a fantasy yes, though let's stay away from "really stretching it" like spells that in the real world would require nuclear fusion.
Some spells I've already got on my list:
- (Summonable) Portals
What creation oriented spells do you think would help a character on a journey who has occasional interactions with other characters both on the same journey and those they encounter who are not traveling?