In 280 BC a Gaulish tribe became stranded in a forest with no access to grains/potatoes/cultivated grapes. (Magic handwavy - no access to anybody else or land that isn't a forest). They have fresh water from a river.
The forest can be populated with any plants that might be found in Europe at that time. It has been 2000 years and technology has not changed much, although with magic they can heat or cool large volumes of liquid to precise temperatures.
What alcoholic beverages would they make? I am looking for something more creative than Cider/Mead. 2000 years is a long time.
- They would have a good knowledge of Greek and Roman drinks (inc. wine, mead and cider)
- They have are capable craftsmen
- They have sources of metal tools/equipment if required - to Roman tech levels
- The entirety of the drink has to come from plants found in mixed forests
- The magical ability is rare and so only small quantities of drink can be produced if using that method.
- A variety of drinks with different strengths would be a better answer
- A very good answer would show some creativity in the different plant options availible.