What environments wouldn't be present on a recently terraformed planet?
Just to be clear: this hypothetical planet had no magnetic field and didn't have materials present on the surface required to form complex life before it was terraformed. The act of terraforming does not also involve genocide beyond something as complex, or as self-aware, as E-Coli. Or in short, if it is terraformed, none of the organisms have something akin to brains. No sentient life forms are being killed. THE PLANET AGAINST ALL ODDS HAS EXPERIENCED NO GEOLOGICAL ACTIVITY PRIOR TO TERRAFORMING (or maybe a little, but the absolute bare minimum.
To clarify: by environments what I really mean is geo-biological environmental relationships, where biology has shaped the environment of the area, where a unique state is created by some of the geological and ecological features in the area. A geo-biological example of this might be fjords, where the structure was carved out by slow-moving glacial mountains which then melted, contributing to U-shaped valleys. Not directly biological, but that's what contributed to the cooling and warming environment in the first place, to the point where they wouldn't have formed if it weren't for the actions of various organisms. It should be noted that purely geological phenomenon is being excluded, as is a purely ecological phenomenon. Environments that are the result of the two are what I'm (not) looking for, forms that aren't present on a recently terraformed planet, what's also not included in this question is for example is the impact craters created by smashing ice containing asteroids down on the planet.
So, to repeat which biologically-geological-ecological environments WOULD NOT be present on a recently terraformed planet.
The planet has:
- a surface gravity of about .9 g's(however unfeasible that an earth mass planet couldn't hold onto a magnetic field)
- receives about 186 Watts per square meter over the full length of a day(earth receives about 164 Watts per square meter)
- has roughly the same surface area as the earth
- existed in a vacuum
- only experienced geological activity a for brief time (on geological time scales)
- all-natural, biological compounds where/ came from other bodies present in the system.
- was not terraformed gently
- was terraformed about 1000 years ago
- contains most biosphere present on earth
- contains some heavily genetically engineered plants and animals(if that's relevant)
- All potential ecological niches are filled by SOMETHING, whether that be a hamster or a resurrected Mekosuchanine
It should be noted that its features not present, e.g. ones that require a substantial amount of time to form.