Just to clarify, this is a serious question. I mean it. I'm legitimately wondering and am looking for feedback on this following question:
How close can an intelligent homonid species get to having anime girl proportions? Shoujo and moe girls are often complained about for having "unrealistic body types" and such on twitter. As someone whose studied these art-styles and also real-life human proportions, I'll admit, they can sometimes be a bit absurd. However, with the studies I've gone on the variety of shapes primates in general can be in, I get the feeling it's PLAUSIBLE we could get an uncannily anime-like female bodytype to function in real life physically and biologically.
General changes that would need to be made to the human shape to match these waifu types would include, from my general observations-
- A thinly-built, lighter, lankier frame, with skinnier limb bones and narrow ribs. This goes beyond the scope of Marfan Syndrome and extreme ectomorphic body-types, and into the inhumanely thin frame territory. The only exception to this is the thighs and pelvis. If these changes were made to the human form, would the body still be capable of supporting whatever weight it has left? How much strength could a body like this possess? Would the density or structure of the skeleton or twitch-fibres of the muscles need to be altered in some way?
- Extremely broad pelvises and hips. To contrast the light, thinly-built remainder of the body, anime girls often have proportionally broad pelvises (compared to a real-life girl of the same size, it can be argued their hips are actually the same. the anime girl simply has a thinner, narrower version of everything else)
- Enormous Breasts. This one's kinda obvious, it's what anime girls are best known for. What would these breasts need to be made of to be supported on the thin spindly spines and waists of these hypothetical waifu homonids?
- Proportionally large heads. Humans are generally 7 to 7 and a half heads tall, but these anime characters, despite being of similar height, are 5 to 6 heads tall, only occasionally reaching 7 or above. This means they, on average, have bigger heads than us. Combine this with the thinner neck, can such a head be supported at all? What changes would need to be done?
- Facial Proportions: Considering that the size of the human brain isn't ENTIRELY decided by size (as people with pituitary disorders would come to prove), would it be possible to shrink the size of the brain (but keep it's neural network structure) to make room for the giant anime eyes? Speaking of which, the eyes of anime girls (or just "Moe" characters in general) have eyes set VERY low on their faces, similar to human infants, which further augments the feeling of their immense size. This, among other things, shrinks the rest of the face down. Can the mouth and nose afford to be shrunken down too? With a dramatically lighter body frame, it could be afforded to breathe in less oxygen.
Overall, the objective of this idea isn't to simply MIMIC the proportions of a Moe anime girl, but to uncannily HAVE them. Can a homonid species possess traits like these?