In my world everyone has magic powers. They aren't super powerful (no murder on sight spells...) but every single person has limited magic. What political, social, military and agricultural things should I worry about when trying to make this world realistic?
- At the age of 14 people choose a god
- This god provides a connection to ley lines and allow the people to use magic
- There are certain materials that can block magic, but the population don't know about them
- The technology level is quite basic - catapults and metallurgy are advanced, but no gunpowder or computer.
- People all have access to limited telekinesis and telepathy. [By limited this means that they can do it within a 10ft ranges, and only a weight/volume that they would normally be able to lift with their hands.
- Everyone has one other power - different depending on your god and the job given to you by the god.
- The other powers can be things like (but not limited to) flying, strength, speed, fire breathing, etc.
My question An ideal answer would explain the general (no need for details, but a general overview) of what this magic would do to the world. Any powers which could change the makeup of the world would be identified (e.g. giving characters the ability to kill on touch would change the face of war entirely. As such it is probably better to not give this power, or at least limit it, so it cannot destroy armies in a day)