Here's the gist, my power armoured marines are going to be equipped with full-auto 8 gauge shotguns (in other words a quarter bigger then your average 12 guage shotgun). Now the marines are much more armored and heavily armed than their opponents but the marines are out numbered. Their enemies are colonists with basic knowledge of firearms and tactics. They have assault rifles and basic ceramic and Kevlar. The marines are very large as humans go and they are wearing power armor, so they will take up the entire corridor/lift. This makes it really hard to maneuver. The ship is pressurized but there is no gravity. With the these conditions and shotguns what is the best round:
- Buckshot. For all you laymen out there buckshot is basically a bunch of balls that are shot out of the gun. They disperse at range.
- Flechette rounds. A bunch of razor blades that are shot at the target. Kills you pretty nastily.
- Slugs. A chunk of metal that kills what it hits. Variants includes spreading brass and exploding varieties
- Incendiary. Burns things and sets you on fire.
- Other. Any kind of round that makes sense. Please say why you choose it and why other wouldn’t be as good.