This world is like ours, but with the addition of an enhancing substance that comes in different colors and is found in rare (and small, no bigger than a fridge) meteorites that have been landing at (almost) regular intervals since the dawn of humanity. This substance was named Choromis, and it seems to be a form of polymerous plasma (ie. space goop) For some reason, only humans can absorb this substance through contact, and it doesn't seem to combine with inorganic substances. No scientific explanation for this substance's unusual (and color-coded properties) has been found quite yet, so it's very mysterious.
The properties of the Choromis are as listed below:
- Blue-Enhances the mind; intelligence, learning ability, processing speed
- Yellow-Enhances the spirit; personality and life force (makes what you consider your self stronger and harder to suppress/manipulate by outside forces, grants longer life, greater survivability, more energy, faster healing)
- Red-Enhances the body; durability, strength, speed, resilience, and so on
A human being can only be enhanced by two types (Strains) of Choromis MAX, and these Strains combine into secondary colors, which exhibit some new properties:
- Green-Enhances mind and spirit; also enhances self-awareness and capacity to handle emotions
- Orange-Enhances body and spirit; enhanced healing factor
- Purple-Enhances mind and body; reduces reaction time and bodily awareness (capacity for precise movements and physical learning, ie. muscle memory)
There is one exception: a rare 1% of humans can absorb all three primary Strains, which combine into Silver Choromis. Upon gaining the Silver Strain, such an individual becomes superhuman, gaining all possible enhancements.
This substance can be inherited, but at a cost:
If both parents have the same Strain, their kid will have the same enhancements, but stronger. In other words, the child will be more enhanced than them and be enhanced from birth. Huge advantage!
If both parents hold a primary Strain, let's say Red and Blue, then their child will be born with a Purple Strain and their enhancements will make them physically superior to whatever parent supplied the Red and mentally superior to whoever supplied the Blue.
If one parent has a secondary Strain (like Purple) and the other has a Primary strain (like Yellow), their children have: a. A 25% chance of inheriting their parent's secondary Strain b. A 25% chance of inheriting their other parent's (primary) Strain c. A 12% chance of inheriting a new secondary Strain d. A 12% chance of inheriting a primary Strain that doesn't belong to the parent (Ex: Red or Blue instead of Yellow.) e. A 1% chance of being born a Silver
If only one parent has a Strain, there is a fifty/fifty chance that: a. The child is born without a Strain b. The child is born with the parent's Strain
Finally, you cannot just kill someone and take their Choromis. It's infused into their very being, so it would take magic to take it from someone, and this is (thankfully) a science-fiction question.
So, what effect will this magic substance have on early humanity?