In the past a war between an entity and a race that controlled the galaxy ended when the elders of that race sacrificed themselves to imprison that entity. They trapped the entity in a 100X50 square meters prison with their bodies acting as magical seals to keep it imprisoned. The problem is if the seals are compromised in anyway the entity would be free.
There are no method of actually destroying the entity as he has magic. For an easier time imagine the sort of power that the Martian Manhunter has that makes him become like air. So all earthly and scientific methods of destroying anything will end in that entity becoming like thin air and escaping. Please I don't want to argue about the magic in my world, consider it a thing if you would. This also applies to the whole little prison as it pure magic but outside of it will obey the natural laws of science.
We have the last remaining survivor having vast futuristic abilities that correspondent to them being the remnants of their empire. They have to figure out a way to hide this prison somehow so can't be found. What they have is your own suggestions which I hope will follow what I wrote below.
Using our understanding of science and a bit of speculative science, if you have to, can those remnants utilize a black hole in anyway to hide the prison or make it inaccessible as much as possible? If yes then how? If no then why?
This is a question can it be done using our science with near unlimited abilities, no need to worry about the exact details of the materials used or economy...etc
I know it is long enough but I'll just try to make it more clear instead of wasting people's time.
- They are attempting to do their best. Perhaps 3 billion years later another empire rises to claim it and all is doomed. They are just doing their best.
- Magic is not an option like I said. Mainly because it defies a bunch of other things I made.
- They can make it of black hole resistant materials inside the black hole if it makes sense.
- They can make it just outside the black hole, what would be distance? at a certain distance if out understanding of science can't support the other options.
- Whatever option you can come up to make that prison inaccessible and/or hidden as possible while using black holes in anyway you can.
- The lack of say the remnants limitations of energy or materials...etc is again because I want to know if it can be done. The limit is our science and speculative science. It's about if it can be done not with how much energy output or what sort of materials.
- Other options are exhausted. I'm limiting this to the limitations I wrote.
- As usual I appreciate input to improve or clarify it is something is not done right.
- I'm perfectly happy if the answer is no. As long as it is detailed enough I appreciate it.
Basically I'm asking for something like: If a 1950 head of a state asked his advisors if humanity can build a space station. Does the science support it or not? Without worrying about the cost. Obviously for them they still lack the tools to do it yet. But we know it is possible.