Out of a cultured society, an Evil Empire™ has arisen. Naturally, the Evil Dictator™ wants his people to be obedient to him. In this process, he wants to erase his Evil Empire™'s culture. This would, in theory, eliminate any loyalty to anything other than him, and remove any difference between the Empire's core territory and any place it might conquer. How would the Empire go about doing this? Too quickly, and they might have a rebellion on their hands. If it's done too slowly, then the Evil Dictator™ and his ideology, fascist-reskin-ism™, might die off before the nation's culture.
- Brutalist architecture looks cool and dystopian, but would it actually have an effect? Would this help integrate conquered territories into the Evil Empire™ due to a lack of architectural differences between areas? Would this just anger the Empire's people, seeing their culture visibly disappearing before them?
- How much of a threat would religion be? Should the Evil Empire™ use it as a tool for obedience, or should it erase religion as a threat to loyalty to the Dictator? If the latter, how?
- How should the Empire deal with disloyal people? Should it attempt to re-educate them, send them to a labor camp, or just shoot them? Disappearing too many people might cause unrest, and would also deprive the Empire of workers.
- Ruling by fear is effective in the short term, but IRL it's failed in the long term. Is there a way to make it work without making the Empire weak and inefficient?
- Totalitarian states like this one tend to collapse at least partially due to economic issues. How can the Empire avoid them?
- Generally, how would this Empire be structured? The Dictator wants to have supreme authority, but it's a large country that needs provincial governments to function. The secret police need to be powerful to do their job, but they need to be regulated and kept under the Dictator's grasp.
The year is after 1960. Technology allows for mass-surveillance but not for relatively-inexpensive space exploration. Also, please keep genocide to a minimum. I don't want my world to be overly edgy, and the Empire is nationalist but not racist. You don't need to answer all the questions I asked or anything, but those are the points I want information about.