- Apparently leather is buoyant.
- The material composition shouldn't exceed the technology of the 1700s.
- Please use the image below for a rough size comparison of the person and the dragon.
- The dragon either suddenly disappears at a height or crashes in to the water in a way that is survivable and that the saddle comes free (you may choose one or both).
- This person must end up being able to sleep hard for at least ten hours floating in a calm ocean covered by their cloak protecting them from exposure to the sun.
- The person may be semi-conscious just long enough to get a safe position on the saddle.
- The ocean conditions should be considered as ideal as possible.
- If appropriate the saddle may be large enough to even fully keep the person from even touching the water.
- This story device must make reasonable scientific sense, if dragons were real this must be truly believable.