so I’m making a story where, as part of my world building, I take different monsters and make them as evolutionary accurate as possible. Anyways, today I would like to discuss the best way to design and evolve my goblins? I would like to evolve them from a type of primate although I’m not sure what type whether it be chimp, monkey, or Australopithecus. Here are the different qualities I’d like for them to have (if possible) and what kind of evolutionary pressures could lead to them from one of the aforementioned possible ancestors:
- A tail (preferably medium length or long).
- Pointed ears (can take it or leave it).
- Between 2’6” to 4’0” at the tallest.
- Having the same type of lifestyle as Australopithecus in that it mostly walks upright but is also tree dwelling.
- Yellow eyes similar to lemurs (maybe because of them being nocturnal like lemurs).
- Covered in hair like a chimp.
- Larger lower canines that stick out of their lips in some individuals.
I realize my question is a bit open ended but I’d appreciate any help in deciphering what I should evolve them from and what pressures would require them to evolve said traits.