Set in present day Washington D.C, USA.
A group of special operation task forces gathered at a history museum to safeguard a relic believed to be from a lost civilization in ancient times. This relic is dated to be at least 5000 years old and took the appearance of a wooden staff, this relic seems to emit an unusual frequency of energy into its surrounding. According to ancient text this staff once belonged to a great wizard who once claimed to be able to open a portal into a different dimension.
Suppose a small group of wizards (5 of them) are planning to steal/rob this relic via force/stealth. The wizard will use the ring on his/her finger to produce magical effect on matter, in other words they are powerless without the ring. This ring also emits unusual energy into the surrounding but limited to a range of maximum 10 meters.
- Invisibility (visible lights and infra-red are affected)
- Telekinesis (lift objects up to ten times user weight)
- Levitation (float in the air and move up to 50Km/hr)
- Pyrokinesis (manipulate the shape and temperature of existing fire)
- Illusion (create intangible copies of user to distract others)
- Summoning (call forth available terracotta warriors to aid them in battle)
- Animate Object (terracotta warriors can move on its own and do battle)
- Disintegration (reduce any dense materials such as steel into ball bearings)
- Resurrection (revive anybody with all wounds healed, but ring's range is halved)
How can I protect the relic from falling into the hands of these wizards with modern technology?
- We know they are coming but we don't know how they will breach in nor do we know what kind of attack they are capable of.
- These wizards can also come at the peak hour.
- The museum is open to public.
- The ring is non magnetic and is not make of metal.
- No one except the wizard know how to use the staff.
- There is no traitor among wizards.
- The wizard can sense the presence of the staff.
- The wizards will use guerilla tactic when reduced to less than half of their full strength.
- Prioritize the safety of public before relic.
- Do not allow the staff to be destroyed/stolen/lost.
- You may dispatch all intruders with maximum prejudices
- There are no wizards on our side except scientists.
P.S kindly keep your answer limited to the methods of detecting and identifying intruder as well as how your task force will try to fend off the invaders. Whichever plan you use please make the museum look inconspicuous(no tanks allowed to share the parking lots and absolutely no apaches going in circles above the roof and alright Chihuahua is allowed but keep it leashed at all time)