So I asked this question a few days ago, with excellent and certainly useful feedback. I've decided I'd like to build upon that question with some ways to combat our 'new and improved super zombies'.
For the sake of this question, let's assume that ZB01 has successfully gone global, infecting people all over the world. We'll use these zombies except let's say that they don't burn out too quickly and succeed in occupying most of the world, leading to a full zombie apocalypse. Only pockets of humanity remain. Survivors face a war-torn zombie-infested world.
Our protagonist for the day is Ned. Ned is a survivor of ZB01 and travels with a group of ruffians in what used to be northern Texas. Ned has requested that you, his supplier, equip him in the most effective zombie killing weapon you can think of.
- Ned needs to travel LIGHT and can't be weighed down by ammo or batteries.
- Ned will be departing imminently on supply run that will last 2-5 months so his weapon must be durable enough to dispatch the undead for at least that long.
- Ned's journey will likely put him in all sorts of zombie-fighting-venues including urban alleyways, rural pastures,and close quarters.
- This is the modern-age so tech must be feasible with what we currently have.
- You are only limited by your imagination. You've stockpiled resources and have access to most of what you might need.
- Ned doesn't want to be lame, so he needs you to be as creative as possible in order to insure that all the other zombie slayers see him as 'hip' and 'fresh'.
- What weapon do you give to Ned?
- (If applicable) How is this weapon assembled?
- What makes this weapon more effective than others for this scenario?
I realize that this question is a bit opinion based; however, I'm confident that the answers could potentially be extremely beneficial to future askers.
If you answer this question, please be thorough. I'd really appreciate some in-depth perspective with insight that others may not have considered!
(Also, as always, feel free to let me know of any issues in the question and I will address them promptly)