Year 2136. Humanity has left the Earth onboard the Exodus mothership. While they prepare to colonize other worlds, their actions have not gone unnoticed. A race of high-tech robotic aliens naming themselves Thalos has been carefully observing human actions, and is displeased by what is about to happen.
The main goal of Thalos is to ensure that every aspect of their reality works as efficiently as possible. They loathe humanity because of how inefficiently we operate our resources. Despite that, they are opposed to the use of lethal weaponry, because killing the humans is messy and inefficient. As such, their method of dealing with opponents is to subdue and capture them using nonlethal means such as stunning, slowing, restraining, or paralyzing. After the target is neutralized, their mind is offloaded to the Thalos's database, and the body is preserved for future analysis or directed to recycling.
The starships of Thalos have the shape of a saucer. Majority of the ship's hull is composed of forcefield projected by the generator in its center. The ship has no entrances that are obvious to a human, and only Thalos know how to phase through the forcefield. The ship is equipped with a tractor beam, but has no weapons to speak of. The potent cloaking system installed on the ship allows Thalos to capture smaller Terran ships unnoticed.
The mentality of Thalos:
- "Every aspect of the system is to function as efficiently as possible. Any signs of inefficient behavior are to be terminated immediately."
- "Any entity whose main objective is not to unconditionally increase efficiency is guaranteed to act inefficiently and must be neutralized."
- "The neutralization procedures must be performed tn the most efficient way possible."
- "The neutralization procedures must cause as little disturbance in the system as possible. Causing disturbance reduces the efficiency of the system."
- "Any neutralized object is to be recycled, not destroyed. Destruction is an inefficient way of utilizing the obtained resource."
What strategy would Thalos choose to efficiently neutralize the human race?