Let's imagine that some powerful evil eldritch abomination decided to hijack Roman Republic 45 BC, saving Caesar in the last moment and fashion itself as Mercurius (Hermes), who was sent by Olympus as Gods' ambassador to guide Rome to new Golden Age. This entity has godlike powers, but incapable of mind control. While it is sure in its eventual success, this 'god' is still holds views that "better safe than sorry", so it decides to destroy Abrhamic religions in their very "cradle" - Ancient Judea, which recently conveniently became part of Roman possessions. This entity has vague semblance of conscience, so it would prefer convert Jews in its religion with minimum violence and suffering if it possible, but will not regret it ultimately. What steps must this 'god' take? It has omniscience and can create, destroy, alter or move anything from one physically possible state to another. My vision of its plan is the following:
- Making itself known among Hebrews by appearing in many different places with different power demonstrations.
- Public theological debate with Jewish priesthood with consequent public subversion of Elijah's Jahweh vs Baal challenge.
- Destruction of the Temple and all copies of religious texts.
- Elimination of Jewish priesthood (which essentially is a clan)
- Destruction of Jerusalem
- Subversive recreation of the Ten Punishments of Egypt.
- Using Roman administration to create Roman temples and spread the ideology.
- Enslave and neuter the most rebellious.
- Performance positive miracles for those that converted: healing, rejuvenation, resurrections, etc.
But is this enough? Is there more humane way to achieve this objective? Is there more effective way to achieve it within the same level of violence? Entity's objective is to eliminate the Judaism within three generations at most.