In my story, I have a system in place that needs a person to be identified as who they will be by their soul. Reincarnation allows the same souls to be identified time and time again over a period of many years.
How would I be able to have multiple people have a similar item all around a kingdom that allows them to view a soul to document who that person shall be?
Would an item/relic be better then, say, a blood smear for identifying a soul signature? The soul must be documented when they are an infant, so no horrible 'rituals' or anything too drastic, as it would be for a week-old baby at the oldest.
- This is a signature of the soul that can be either recognized through sight or some magical marker.
- This signature is matched to a tome that has the same signature with a name attached.
- This would be considered in a time period of the 1300's so no modern medicine or technology.
- You can imagine seeing a code of 1010101 and taking that 'code' or signature to a 'code breaker' so to speak.
- There would be no more then, say, 150 people being born a week so I would need this process of identifying the 'code' of a baby's soul to be time effective and travel effective.
- This process is more magical then scientific but a mixture of the two is acceptable.