An Elven nation that once thrived for thousands of years as a predominantly agricultural race was forced underground because of unexplainable occurrences of extreme weather conditions (tsunamis, volcanic eruptions, hurricanes, blizzards) threatening their existence. The majority of weather this continent has experienced is sunshine, with the occasional thunderstorms and rain. Having no previous experience with other weather conditions, the Elven nation migrates underground to prevent themselves from becoming extinct.
Factors to consider:
- These are the first Elves to exist, so any other species of Elves came about as a result of reproduction.
- There are around 100,000 Elves belonging to this nation.
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are meals they have, but they do not require as much food as humans to survive.
- The majority of their food is plant-based but they occasionally eat meat.
- Their sight and hearing are better than that of any human but they rely more on hearing due to the darkness.
- They are typically 6 feet (1.8 metres) tall.
- These Elves live can live for 300 years but only reproduce until they are 100. In this time, they have between 2-5 children. The rest of the time is spent training, learning, and working.
- The extreme weather conditions are frequent but not constant, so they can and do make surface trips for resources.
- They have little experience with building with anything other than wood.
- The nation survives underground for at least 5,000 years.
- Although they cannot cast magic, they have some magical attributes such as longer lives, and they are more resistant to diseases than humans.