When it comes to an angry government the ending can be:
- Acute Radiation Sickness (Alexander Litvinenko)
- imprisonment (Chelsea Manning)
- 'car accidents' (journalist Serena Shim).
- Also according to NSA Whistleblower William Binney framing is another tactic used
- and exposing damaging information gathered either on the target or his loved ones.
I'm guessing physical violence against loved ones is also part of the menu, depending on the damage the whistleblower did or may do.
What measures can whistleblowers take to protect themselves from a government that wants to silence them or make an example of them?