You're just walking down the street not expecting anything when you suddenly black out and wake up on a small rock formation seemingly in the middle of the ocean. Looking around you see four other people. They claim to have experienced the same thing as you. As your newly formed group explores the area you discover a few things:
- The "island" you are on covers about 10 square metres. This is the only land you see. There is only ocean around you.
- There is nothing on this island, it's just rock.
- The water around you is rich in wildlife. Tropical fish, crabs, corals, everything seems to gather at this "oasis"
- The water is somewhat warm and the sun is burning down hot. You can be in the water for a long time without feeling cold and the sun warms you up quickly once you get out.
- You, as well as the other people, are still wearing the same clothes from before the blackout.
- There's a small note saying: "You will be rescued in a year".
Given these circumstances, how would one survive?
If it is impossible, what are the limiting factors?