This building is the centerpiece of my world and the reason for everything. Why would chromatic dragons and adventurers fight together? To take down this temple, of course. But why do I need them?
I'm Anon Alighieri, the god of absolute hyper death. The temple is the base of my greatest foes, and I have 12 unhackable satellites and the 13th satellite, The Moon, at my disposal, ready to crush my enemies and drive them before me as I hear the lamentation of their women.
I mean, the goons at the temple have charged particle beam weapons, so nuking them isn't really an option, but that still leaves them vulnerable to kinetic bombardment, against which not even I know how to defend.
The Temple of Elementary Evil for beginner elder gods and creepypastas come true
- The temple is a fairly large building, let's stick to analogs, and imagine something like St. Peter's Basilica.
- The building's most important parts (the factory and the mines) are located in an underground complex, the building on the surface is an oversized security checkpoint.
- They do have a rather large resource pool but are limited to science-based stuff.
- They can't, however, take the satellites out.
The Long, Hard Rods of Penetration (Project Thor)
- Orbiting around the planet are 13 satellites with considerable reserves of tungsten rods of destruction.
- Rods reach the maximum speed of Mach 10 before impacting with the kinetic energy of 11.5 tons of TNT.
- The projectiles need 12-15 minutes to hit the target and usually penetrate deep enough to heavily damage underground bunkers.
- Each satellite has 24 rods, it can fire before needing to reload, and a reload time of 30 mins.
Your defense is successful if the underground factory suffers little to no damage and remains functional after an all-out, f#ck-em-all barrage of 13*24=312 rods.
- Making the defense mechanism reliable and scalable is the most important,
- making it cost-effective is secondary,
- and simplicity would also be appreciated.
How can The Temple of Elementary Evil defend itself against the wrath of God?
Why I (Mephistopheles) don't use magic?
Because it needs to be added to both sides of the equation. If they hide the temple in a pocket dimension, I just simply relocate the entrance to the bottom of the Mariana Trench or a neutron star, go big or go home. See, we're back at square one.