For months now I've had a dream, with every night building upon it. Only till recently I've decided to write it as a story. I'm by no means a writer, but once I started writing, I got this feeling that it doesn't make sense.
Basically during the Space Race, while the U.S was busy with landing on the moon, the USSR set their ambitions on a higher goal, Mars. A year after Neil Armstrong says his famous speech; four cosmonauts, two women, and two men, land on Mars. The USSR not only lands on Mars, but they also find complex life with an era similar to medieval Europe, only with magic and spiritual energy(wuxia). The Soviets decided to hide this fact but gloated to the world of their achievement. NASA didn't believe the Soviets could accomplish this, with scrutiny from both domestic and international, they revealed they found life.
- How have they not found life up until now?
- Why would Russia reveal landing on Mars?
- Why would they send women to Mars, considering the time?
- Please assume Mars is habitable (40% the mass of Earth, 6.06 m/s² gravity, escape velocity of 7.88 km/s, a satellite big enough to stabilize its axis and has a magnetic field of 0.263 Gauss)
- The discovery of Martians at this time is vital to the plot.
- Mars needs to be "The Red Planet."
- At least one of the women going to Mars needs to be there, as she's the mother of the protagonist. One reason I thought; The USSR wanted to plant sleeper agents on Mars.