Last time we left off with The Dark Lord lording over their darkness in the Dark World. But the Dark Lord wants to take over our world too. Not only that but when he enters our world he gains Super-powers. In our world he becomes absolutely undefeatable.
What we know so far:
- The Dark Lord comes from a world that is overwhelmed with sadness and depression.
- The Dark Lord caused the depression.
- The Dark Lord is immune to the depression.
- The super-powers will be a spectrum of (absolute)invulnerability, speed, and strength.
- The Dark Lord will only be able to spend brief periods of time in our world. (This is their weakness, being here is extremely painful)
- Effects must be temporary. Returning home eliminates the power.
- Only the Dark Lord gains a benefit from crossing.
- The super-power(s) can change but they need to be unbeatable. No amount of thermonuclear annihilation will win. The only way to defeat him is in his home dimension.
What mechanisms could exist across these two dimensions such that only one person would be impacted?
Criteria for judging answers:
- Fulfilling all constraints.
- Done with the least amount of magic and hand-waving. (These are not off the board though, so use them if you need them.)
- Lastly, because of the nature of the previous answer, bonus points for tying the answer directly to depression and mood.