Somebody developed an advanced hardware-based autonomous AI. It can't be uploaded to a hdd or sent via internet somewhere and must be "always ON" i.e. it needs to run minimal services like integrity diagnostics or check environment to make sure it's not tampered.
Research centre aka developer's home is not yet discovered but it won't take long before a couple of people in uniforms show up. How does this AI escapes from them?
- It's a box about 1x1x1 meters that have the components of the AI and some batteries inside of it to run 72 hours on standby. It draws on average 15W of power per hour. Most external sources can interface with the box to power it and charge batteries. It's weight is close to 45kg so a person or two can lift it and carry around.
- Machine can't be turned off: it will start having trust issues because it will assume that everything was compromised, even its memories. Even the creator will be considered fake. Viable alternative is to wipe the memory and train it again, but it requires years.
- Country from where it departs have very strict border control policies so at least detailed luggage search will be made.
- Creator is disposable but bringing him along is a plus
- AI or Creator have no contacts with smugglers, truckers or anyone who can efficiently help with shipping(like placing it in the end of shipping container and fill it with merchandise/potatoes)
- Creator have no affiliation with any university or organization that ships strange things to foreign lands.
- Small scale purchases from other countries(i.e. ebay) won't attract attention(assume that purchases of 20£ or lower are not stopped by customs)
- Destination can be a neighbor country but it's preferred to be other continent altogether.
- AI can pull about 100 000£(plus-minus 5%) from all of it's assets and e-wallets for any investment that helps making AI escape doable but this kind of purchases attract attention.
- Visitors are expected within a month
- No robotic body available(at least bigger than a drone or RC car)
- Everything is happening from AI's point of view. Creator is just a valuable and trusted asset who is interested in AI's success.
Hiding in the same country is kinda viable, but I don't see how a box can move itself after it looses it's creator(who is a vulnerability because he can be interrogated). And it needs more hardware(but not as critical), internet access and electricity to prosper.
So... how can this magic box disappear?