I am time traveller with aim to make world better. Last time I went to the past, all I heard was: "Kill Hitler!"
So I went to the past and I must tell you, April 1945 was pretty loud in Berlin!
After I returned back, telling everyone that I shot Hitler to the head on 30th April 1945, all I heard was: "You did not do any preparation? Seriously?!"
So this time (pun intended), I want USA to be switching to SI Units. Why? Because I hate Fahrenheits. I hate hearing "Its just 20 miles away" without knowing how far it actually is. So, I decided to travel to the past and changing USA measurement system to lovely Celsius's and kilometers.
However, I am not sure, if I can do it in single-event trip. Thats why I am asking this question:
Can you make USA to use International system of units in single-event scenario?
- Must be single-event scenario. My machine has energy left just for one return trip
- Must be caused by external action or non-action (e.g. forcing someone not to do X)
- Must result by United States of America using officially SI Units.
- Since some may say that US already defines measurements based on SI units, I care more about "commoners" than for official definitions.
- You may assume I am able to convince up to ten people (if group meeting needs to be done)
- You may assume no one will think that I am time traveller (I will wear proper clothing and talk proper language, including its pronunciation)
- Assume I can stay up to one month in the past, before I need to return back to my own time.
- I want to return back to my own time alive. Therefore, I do not want to do anything involving risking my life (examples: Helping to fight off someone or jumping in front of a person to stop the killing bullet)
- I do not care about historical consequences. As long as there will be a state recognized as the USA, placed somewhere in the current USA-area and it will be having people using "normal" units, that is all I care about.
- No, I will not tell you how my time machine works and if it has any flaws.