THIS IS A TEST of the Galactic Emergency Alert system
No action is required.
Type: Milkyway Empire
In the near future:
- we discover FTL
- we run into some friendly aliens that are part of a benevolent galactic "empire"
- in order to join, we must have a global emergency alert system that can reach >95% of our population
Most areas can be covered by cell phone/tv/radio alerts.
It is getting the alert out to the remote areas that concerns me
- Areas without cell service and no other alert method (radio,etc)
- Areas with a warning system that we can't automate/hook into
- Areas without a warning system at all (and no radio/etc.)
- Areas without electricity
I believe we can mass produce a simple pole with
- Raspberry Pi
- solar panels
I can see deploying these in remote areas via B-52. The pole is dropped, it will jam itself into the ground and activate (pole is designed to manage terminal velocity)
Including manufacturing time, how long would it take to ensure that >95% of the population would hear the global alert?
Assume that all major countries want to contribute.(The empire has a LOT of benefits when we join)