This question already has an answer here:
This is the question every RPG player or D&D player had in mind: "What happens if I kill them all?" So, lets ask the question:
Imagine typical medieval fantasy kingdom. There is some magic and different races, namely Dwarves and Elves.
To this kingdom enters group of highly trained people. They enter via the mountains and start their journey in small village just on the outskirts of this kingdom.
This group of people has a fight in local pub, resulting by killing all the villagers. (Say 50 -ish people killed in total).
Only one villager survived and did run to nearest small city to say the news. Our group of heroes in the meantime left in different path, with intent not to continue to kill, lay low and maybe seek for another heroic opportunities.
How much time is needed to make them kingdom's most wanted?
Things to consider:
- Villager to survive has seen all the slaughter happening in said village
- This villager can also describe the group.
- The group of heroes sticks together and also starts by wearing recognizable outfits (namely, just having an armor is thing to give you off)
- The group spent no time trying to hide their crime
- Fastest way to communicate in this kingdom are mail pidgeons
- We are in huge kingdom, say as big as Poland during Jagelonian rule