I am looking for ways that the military, described below, can face off against
- Desert warriors akin to Ancient Egyptians. They're not at a high level of technology, mostly using bows for ranged combat. However, many of them have mounts for combat.
- Undead creatures, all of which are skeletal and magical in nature and can only be destroyed either by having the spell holding them together broken or by having their heads completely destroyed.
- Vampires - these vampires are weakened but not killed by sunlight, can move ~50% faster than human beings, are only slightly stronger, and of course suck blood and all that. They are not afraid of religious gear, and can be killed by having their heads destroyed, their hearts impaled, or by being burned alive.
Specifically, I am looking for how this military can fight against such foes using as little resources as possible. This means using as little mineral resources, weaponry, magic, and soldiers as they can get away with compared to the amount of foes they are able to kill - though of course using bait is an option.
The military can use:
- Any and all technology present by late 1700's, including firearms such as flintlock muskets and the like.
- Spears that can extend into almost lance-like weapons or retract to the length of short-swords. The weapon retracts and extends quickly, with only a slight delay between switching to one of the three lengths. This military rides horse-like creatures.
- Two types of 'magic.' The first is the ability to manipulate and control metals and alloys from a distance, though the restrictions are that controlling said metals puts a physical strain of ~1/5th of the weight of metal being manipulated on your body and that using it too much can cause muscles to tear. The second is the ability to alter gravitational fields and electromagnetic fields in a small (10-15 meter?) radius. The restriction here is that the more you alter gravity/electromagnetism, either by increasing or decreasing their effects, the more physical strain this puts on your brain.
Some additional notes:
- The military is outnumbered 2:1
- They are attempting to both push the enemy back into the desert and to, hopefully, push forward and completely eliminate them.