Question: What circumstances (theoretical or based on actual past events) could lower the global temperature on Earth or an Earth-like planet to an average of 30℉–40℉ (-1℃–4℃)?
- Both natrual and man-made solutions are acceptable.
- The cooling transition may take up to 2,000 years.
- The "ice age" or final cooled condition would last 500–700 years.
The best answer:
- Uses the least amount of magic.
- Causes the least amount of damage to current life on Earth.
I understand that some extinction or endangerment is inevitable.