Assume a college student from 2018 accidentally traveled to 2023. He is accidentally taken by an alien spaceship that travels close to the speed of light away from earth and then travels back. He is put back to the place where he was taken.
The question is how can he prove to the people in 2023 that he has time traveled, against other possibilities, such as running away from school.
More relevant details/premises are given in the following:
- Assume apart from the alien spaceship part, the setting is totally realistic.
- There is no drastic technological advance happened in the 5 years nor new outbreak of a global disease/disaster. Assume that there is also no total elimination of any current disease.
- The incidence happened in a camping trip that he goes alone during the semester, and has no witness.
- The spaceship that took him was advanced enough to not to be detected using current technology. It is well sheltered against radiation in space, and it is not made by radioactive material.
- From his point of view, only a few minutes have passed. He does not have a coherent understanding of what happened.