I'm writing a story in which my character has become unconscious due to physical means and due to the inability to kill him, his villains have drugged and moved him overseas to get him out of the way.
He's incredibly famous around the world however (he's a lead vocalist), and upon arrival he needs to get back, proving his identity. He doesn't know any of the phone numbers of his helpers (like his agent), being a member of the "It's saved on my phone" group (same for emails). Nobody but the villains know he's in this country, and nobody saw the transport to the new country occur. Please assume that he will not be found by others, he needs to get back to the country on his own (USA).
With no money and no contacts here in Georgia, how can my character prove not only who he is, but get back in time (2 weeks) to stop the villain?
Some thoughts I had that didn't work:
- Singing like the singer. He'd just be taken for a close voice, not necessarily the same, especially for those who hadn't heard him live.
- Becoming a renowned artist again. This would take too long, and the villain would have already taken over the world.
- Being spontaneously recognized by someone. He wouldn't be recognized, as he was in the middle of a hairstyle change between albums and only his stylist and agent had seen him beforehand. Also, please assume that all people who might do so are very skeptical of it being true, having never been seen here before.
- Language matching, showing different pieces of "secrets". This might work, but it would require them to know his secrets to validate, and that seems a bit far fetched.
- Bank verification to get money. The bank is requiring proof of his identity which for obvious reasons he doesn't have. Without it, he has no access to his accounts.
Could my character realistically make his way back to his home country within the two week time frame?
Note: I'm looking to determine how the music scene is affected by the persons disappearance, and how the concurrent search to find them is gripping pop-culture by storm. Headlines reading "superstar found" or "We've found him! I repeat we've found him!" can be seen in the stands, but how can I prove I'm not just another cover-artist to those who would do me harm?