Note: This is background research for parody/comedy story. So, some below points are not even plausible and I do not care about it. Please do not waste your time commenting and/or posting about plausibility of the setup
You did it. You played ultimate prank on your friend Dave. You and group of your friends got yourself and (especially) Dave drunk. When Dave passed out, you snuck him inside the freaking rocket scheduled to send first humans to the Mars!
Speak of luck of drunken guys, right?
Thing is, the situation got real south for Dave. To hit the optimal launch window and to avoid bad weather, NASA rescheduled the flight 4 hours earlier and as everyone was hurrying up to actually launch, everyone overlooked one extra drunken guy on board.
(Before commenting, read the bold text above please)
Long story short, Dave wakes up at moment when its too late to turn the rocket around. Now, for the background research:
Group of six highly trained astronauts is stranded on space ship together with Dave, who is drunk, hungover and has no freaking clue about anything even remotely connected with rockets and/or space.
Now the background research questions I really care about:
- Are they going to survive the trip to Mars and back? (Assume length of flight 6 months one way, 14 days on the ground and 6 months fly back)
- Can the Astronauts train Dave to do at least something benefitial during the trip?
- If yes, what is the funniest possible job to assign to Dave in this setup?
- Is there is someone to be fired about this massive security breach? Who is? (Assume the start is happening "tomorrow", in current day, current Earth setup)
- Is it even remotely plausible that Dave will become first (drunken) man on Mars?