As a parody of the super soldier questions and as an efficient way of organizing these questions I will now start this series of questions about Pseudo-Arthropod Primates.
Questions from later questions relating to this thread:
As an overview of what these creatures exactly are: well, they aren't any more related to arthropods than you or me. Just think of armadillo armor placed on primates to make a humanoid arthropod look alike.
Given that dragonflies are some of the best fliers in the animal kingdom: what muscle system would be required to make dragonfly-like wings on a human?
As an explanation on where these wings come from on a vertebrate: you know your rib cage? Well, some freaky lizards have these extended rib cage. Make them dragonfly-wing shaped along with bat wing membrane and you got what I'm talking about.
- The muscles can't produce too much heat to cook the organism from the inside
- Need to be only take up half of the body and no more
- Needs to produce powered flight that looks close enough to dragonfly flight (only needs to look like it though, it can be much slower)
- Can't make the creature weigh more than 300lbs, preferably 260lbs (don't give me that crap about it couldn't possibly work because it's too heavy because the terrifying bird Argentavis magnificens actually exists)
- Needs to produce decently elegant flight patterns - not exactly like the common dragonfly, but more like it's relative Meganeura