(Sister question to this question)
I really like the Anime A Certain Scientific Railgun (it is superior to Index, deal with it). In it a character with the alias "The Queen" has the ability to control peoples' minds. She has a character ("Railgun") that she hates. This character has the ability to control electricity. As such she is the only one who can resist her powers . . .
"Railgun" controls electricity. She sends a jolt into her brain and she stops the mind control in its tracks. These powers are telekinetic, so this assumes she is conscious while mind controlled, so she can activate her ability. This has no bearing on the question, but I figured I would weed out some renouncement of the premise. She can quite literally restart her brain. That brings us to
. . .
How would such a mind control work?
To narrow it down:
- You can assume mind control to mean body control via the brain. No thought or memory altering allowed.
- Ignore that other psychics/telekineticists may be able to use their powers. Railgun is special in that she is the point of this question.
- Since the mind control is based on controlling the electrical impulses in the brain, bonus points for how this would work. Based on the sketchy science in the book I assume she somehow scans the electrical paths through the neurons and hijacks them electrically. Is that even possible (via non-telepathic, non-magic means. Does not have to be non-contact, I just need the science as a jumping off point. Has to be via the brain and via intercepting signals)?
- It has to be fast acting. In the book she points a TV remote at someone and hits a button and they are under her control (if this is relevant to the fast acting then she can do this to multiple people at a time.)
- She can control multiple people at a time so assume that is not a limit on her power.
- Preferably this would be safe. She can release her victims at will and they don't really know what happened to them.
(I tested this in the sandbox, but I figure it can graduate after a month)