Let's assume our world, just like it is today, but it has taken a different path about five years ago. We are about five years in future.
Any country has joined one of two powerful "groups". (It's like a second cold war.)
1) The East
2) The West
- North, Middle, and South America
Unfortunately, they didn't peacefully finish their world dividing. Still neutral are:
- Africa (which has still its own problems)
- Arctica (which is still melting and has no interesting resources)
- Antarctica (two military groups saying they own it haven't found each other yet. Maybe they just aren't interested in doing this.)
- Greenland. (Where our war is going to happen)
More details about the opponents
- They aren't interested in nuking each other. (Note: They want to own everything, not destroy everything. Both think that they're strong enough to win.)
Any satellites have been destroyed. (And no new ones have been deployed for cost reasons.)
War should happen with huge army of trained soldiers for the Eastern side (so many young people who just became full-aged can join there)
- Nearly no men for the Western side: automated killing robots are their weapon. (But the East found out how to destroy them)
My Question: What will the war look like?
- What strategies will be used/usefull?
- What weapons will be used/usefull?