Being on the autism spectrum is often described as a feeling of being on "The Wrong Planet" So I'm wondering what the right planet might be like...
For those that are unfamiliar:
- Social conventions aren't always obvious to the average person with Aspergers'
- Non-verbal communication is often difficult. (Making eye contact and recognizing facial expressions)
- Stimming is common.
- Sensory issues are also somewhat common. (sensitivity to lights, sounds, textures)
- There's some evidence of trouble with theory of mind
- Highly specialized areas of interest are a key feature.
In my Completely Fictitious Scenario*, people with Aspergers' are an evolutionary result of over-specialization and are so good at specializing they eventually inherit the Earth.
What would this society look like? How would things function?
*(I really can't stress the fictitious part enough, way too many false theories on autism go mainstream...)