I created human beings and placed them on a planet full of landmasses, oceans, rivers, forests, desserts, swaps, snow, mountains, hills, animals, insects, plants, fish you name it. But I have a problem: these humans, they're actually quite lovely, tend to stick to each other. Which is in my eyes a problem, I created a complete planet for them to enjoy but now they started building a city, and are spreading the idea of never lossing sight of each other again. They don't seem to be really interested in exploring the land. I want them to spread, but I don't just want tell my people to do so.
How can I, as a god, make my people spread and make them settle in multiple places?
- Earth 2250 BC
- The city is surrounded by farmland and other means that provide they city with the necessary goods. People do wander away, but always seem to return.
- Population somewhere between 10.000 and 50.000.
- The climate and environment is a bit different (in my setting) compared to the current climate in the middle east: there is more green and trees. Biomes that describe this setting the best are probably Mediterranean forests and temperate steppes or maybe even temperate broadleaf forests. In essence the middle east is less dry compared to nowadays.
- Humans should start to spread over the earth by some sort of change, for example to the environment, in culture or maybe a small event.
- I prefer a method that works out quite fast: after executing/applying the solution to my problem, people start spreading within a week or so.
- I know it's quite difficult in this context but I prefer answers based on facts or previous events.
Some clarifications based on comments:
- I prefer non-lethal methods.
- Of course humans will start spreading at some point, from an evolutionary point of view this is especially true. But keep in my case these humans think a little bit different, but even more importantly I want them to spread out now.
- The city is obviously supported by farmland and other means. But people never wander far, at most a few days and always return.
- My people do not seem to spread on their own, I have thought of several reasons for this, might be worth a different question. But assume they don't, for example because they think it's better to stay together (culturally, politically etc.) or because they just don't need to for whatever reason.