You know how all important objects, like swords,n relics, wands, etc. have special names for them? I'm having trouble doing this. I'm making two groups of weapons,one on classical elements, and another on powers. I need ideas for names for these magical objects. Is there anything you can think of? I think this list should be able to help others too. My ideas so far are using dynamism for powers, components for elemental, and bracelet, clamp, or amulet for the objects themselves that hold the magic.
Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
Classical element names
- ring -> circlet, bands, hoop
- totem -> emblem, symbol, token
- artifact -> heirloom, relic, antique, vestige
- talisman -> (my favorite) juju!, fetish (as Alberto Yagos) points out
- charm -> ...
- amulet -> periapt, brooch, medallion, scarab
- Shoulders -> Cloak, Cape, Mantle
- Torso -> Vest, Vestment, Shirt
- Waist-> Shirt, Girdle
- Eyes-> Lenses, Goggles, Spectacles
I suggest the word Inherent Thaumaturgic for the classical items and Imbued Thaumaturgic Items for power based items. The word is a variation of the word Thaumaturge