You know how all important objects, like swords,n relics, wands, etc. have special names for them? I'm having trouble doing this. I'm making two groups of weapons,one on classical elements, and another on powers. I need ideas for names for these magical objects. Is there anything you can think of? I think this list should be able to help others too. My ideas so far are using dynamism for powers, components for elemental, and bracelet, clamp, or amulet for the objects themselves that hold the magic.
Classical element names
- ring -> circlet, bands, hoop
- totem -> emblem, symbol, token
- artifact -> heirloom, relic, antique, vestige
- talisman -> (my favorite) juju!, fetish (as Alberto Yagos) points out
- charm -> ...
- amulet -> periapt, brooch, medallion, scarab
- Shoulders -> Cloak, Cape, Mantle
- Torso -> Vest, Vestment, Shirt
- Waist-> Shirt, Girdle
- Eyes-> Lenses, Goggles, Spectacles
I suggest the word Inherent Thaumaturgic for the classical items and Imbued Thaumaturgic Items for power based items. The word is a variation of the word Thaumaturge