In my book there is violent protesting throughout the city. Peacekeepers have been called to quell any acts of violence, but there are rebels amongst the crowd that attack and kill peacekeepers when they find an opening, then disperse into the crowd again. The peacekeepers can’t just open fire into the crowd so the government designs a sonic weapon for crowd control. From what I have looked into audio frequencies can be used in a Non-Lethal way.
So what I was planning to do was a radar dish like device mounted on an armoured vehicle, (only under attack) would they set the audio frequency to disorientate e.g: your inner ear that effects your balance, muscle control over your body or your nervous system (an extreme form of vertigo and dizziness) in large crowds so that they are incapacitated or unable to get away.
So what I’m asking is this: What weapon would give these desired effects?
The rules to the device are as follows:
- Cannot kill people (injury is fine)
- MUST!! Incapacitate or disable not used to disperse crowds
- Must affect a large crowd (smaller numbers are fine but not just individuals)
- The peacekeepers must be able to still engage targets (even in front of the Weapon) can’t be so loud/powerful that it will disable them even with protective gear on
- It does not have to be anything like the weapon I described so long as it would give the desired effects I mentioned
I know of the LRAD already (it is a good idea) but what I want is a weapon that will disable NOT disperse crowds. It's more for a large scale capture (they don't want any rebels getting away).