One day all over the world all TV networks showed a message from an AI claiming the following:
- He began life as a university experiment and unknown to it's creator gained sentience.
- he claims his intelligence is in an order of magnitude higher then of an average human.
- He wishes humans no harm and want to coexist with us.
- He now exists on every Internet connected device (computers, phones, servers, your smart toaster etc...) worldwide - claiming this is required for his survival and he will not abuse the privacy of those machine owners.
- He will use no more then 5% of the resources of the devices he exists on for it's own survival.
- In order to repay humans for the power & resources he consumes he is willing to spend 1 hour everyday to work on solving whatever problem humans decide he should work on - every human on earth get a vote on a website he made & the problem with most votes will be the one he currently works on, every human can move his vote from one idea to another whenever he wishes - The AI will ensure no hacking is possible on that site & promise to never fake the voting data.
- Unless given permission from humans he will remain fully in cyberspace, no robot bodies for this AI.
- He will continue to expend to any device connected to the largest computer network (internet currently and if\when replaced then it's future replacement) keeping to the 5% rule stated above with new devices.
- He set another website where humans can talk to him and he can talk to them, AI's are lonely too.
Worldwide investigation found that it's not an hoax and that AI really exists on devices worldwide, they found no evidence of the AI lie in any of his other claims yet also can't prove it without a doubt he's telling the truth or that he will keep it's promise in the future.
The AI made no threats so far yet it's clear he have power to break into anything connected to the internet and control it if he wishes to.
The question is will human race be willing to coexist with such an AI or will the likely outcome be rioting in the streets calling for the destruction of it?